Sunday, March 8, 2009

After-church musings

We have a fairly long car ride to church (about 20 to 25 minutes). I'm never happy that the car ride is this long on the way to church (I tend to be later than I'd like to be). But I'm always glad that it is on the way home. It gives me a chance to talk to the children after we've been apart for a couple of hours in classes. I wish I could say we have great gospel discussions, but we don't. Generally, it's just random thoughts, but I love hearing what they have to say. Today we started out with Julia saying that she wished Hubble worked at Wal-mart. When asked why, she said, "So we could see him when we go there." And then Brynn chimed in saying, "and we could get everything there free!" And then Julia said,"and he'd always get home early at night." Don't know if a job at Wal-mart is something Hubble's looking for, but it does sound like some nice perks (OK, maybe we wouldn't get everything for free, but the other two sound nice).

We went on to talk about their dreams of owning so many pets (from fish to frogs to birds to dogs) that we'd be like a pet shop ("but we wouldn't really be a pet shop"). Keep dreaming...

From there, Julia discussed how she wished that there was no such thing as money and that we could go to the store and get everything for free. I asked her about the people at the store and how they would get what they needed. She said, "Well, maybe we could trade them things that we don't need anymore, like a vase with bright yellow polka-dots on a pink background that doesn't match anything in our room." Just makes me smile as I hear their conversations.

3 comments:

  1. maybe Adam and Hubble could work at Wal-mart together...of course, as long as they could get free ice cream! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you're recording these comments! They are treasures! Keep up the good work!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious. . . we can just see Julia explaining all of that and Brynn's face as she talked about getting free stuff - quick thinking (smart cookies! :) . What a bunch of cute girls. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete