9 months ago
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Christmas time
We had a lovely Christmas. My parents and brother and sister came into town and we had a wonderful time (except now I'm realizing how few pictures I took). Last year I realized how much more fun Christmas was when I was little because these days Christmas usually means a lot of work. So this year, I was determined to make it a little different and try to get things done earlier in the season so I could enjoy the holiday. I wasn't completely successful in my endeavor (I was still up till 1 in the morning the night before Christmas eve sewing pajama pants for the kids), but we were able to fit in some service activities which brought the season back for me. I was so grateful to have family with us and to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
On Christmas Eve, the kids opened their Star Wars pajama pants and were very excited about the next day. Julia had such a hard time falling asleep because she was so excited, but was so worried that Santa wouldn't come since she was still awake - she was in tears by 11:00. She finally settled in after that.
Christmas morning included a lot of opening and playing with presents. Jonathan got most of what he had asked for (thankfully he didn't ask for too much), but he kept saying he didn't get the rocket ship with the man in it. We still haven't figured out what he was talking about. He's planning on getting it for his birthday...we'll see.

The day after Christmas, the girls all went down to Chicago for a morning at the American Girl store. Julia and Brynn had some Christmas money to spend on new outfits for their dolls and then we went to the cafe for lunch. I don't know if there's anything more girly to do and my two little ones loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! Looks like you had so much fun with everyone in town.
ReplyDeleteThose pajama pants look great too :) They'll remember that Christmas for a long time I'm sure.
BRAVO LAUREN! So great to read your blog. We'll look forward to reading it every week. (Does parent pressure count as peer pressure?) Christmas was wonderful at your home and I'll never forget those precious pajamas. Next.....a new baby!! Yeah!
ReplyDelete